MU jumpers at St Leonard’s West Marina
Railwayman often take many sights for granted – so some of these have been placed here for interest!
Whilst the jumpering of multiple units was a frequent sight between a DEMU and 07 shunter is far less common. The 07 was equipped with air pipes at one end only for shunting at SLEO.
Left - the other end of 07 011 has no
Right – a TC driving trailer 76275 with its jumpers.
Ex-TC DTS 76275 was originally in unit 404 before replacing DTC 76501 in 4 VEP 3473 (Mar-92) thence to 4 VEP 3169 (24-Jul-92) followed by 4 VEP 3582 (8-Feb-95) which was placed off-lease following a derailment at Ramsgate depot (24-Apr-04). It was the last BR(S) passenger vehicle to use incandescent lighting.
Extension pipes were required to connect
these two Berkshire motor coaches
together (ADB977940 & 60145). However, the 27-way jumper connects directly.
On the DEMUs the right-hand air-pipes
(relative to the driving position)
were removed being deemed unnecessary as the units were rarely split.
In some cases the mountings were left; in others they were plated over.
Left ADB977940 (was 60149 from 1131) - Right 60145 from 1127 (had been ADB 977939)
Close-up of brake valves and sockets on ADB977940.
Jumpering on 3H DMBS 60145 (left) and 6L TSO (right).
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT